fractaldimension.org.ukYoutube - dougfractal

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My letter to Dan

I've always been a bit funny about my fractal.
But with Dan's fantastic Images


http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/mandelbulb.html


It seems time to start sharing my work, yet trying to get and keep recognition of my contributions.



Hi Dan (White)

I didn't use spherical coords in the way you did. Although the the maths I used was built around the process of rotating.

i x j = -j
j x i = i


When I started this I was borrowing my Land Lady's son computer which was a 66MHz 486. So I avoided the computationally heavy trigonometry, and went for the more Cartesian approach.

Also I was only able create 640x400 images, So I made a model. This was made around 2000. It as just 4 sheets of A4 acetate interlocking.



It would be great to make real solid 3D model. But I can't even think were to begin.

I haven't been doing much on this stuff for ages.
Looks like we are all going on an interesting path now.

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment